The College of Open and Distance Learning (CODL) has entered into partnership with Department of Defence. In this partnership CODL is offering training to
Military Staff who wish to further their education. Currently Diploma programmes in Military Science are being offered and Bachelor of Science (Military Science)
The College of Open and Distance Learning has established linkages with lead distance learning institutions in Africa and the UK. In Africa, we have signed a
Memorandum of Agreement with the University of South Africa (UNISA) which provides for capacity building, staff and student exchange, joint research, as well
as sharing of resources in the development of distance learning materials.
This collaboration has been instrumental in the conceptualization and formation of a Continecontal Universities Association of Distance Learning. The African Council for Distance Education (ACDE) was launched in January 2004 at Egerton University.
Through this collaboration, Egerton has managed to train 60 lecturers and professors on the writing of distance learning materials. As a result of the development of distance learning materials the College is anticipating to launch Undergraduate Teacher Education programmes in Science, Arts and in Agricultural Education & Extension in April, 2010.
Moreover, through the existing collaboration with UNISA, in which Egerton University offers tutorial and administrative support, the following distance learning UNISA programmes are now offered to Kenyans:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Information (B. Information) Library and Information studies)
Bachelor of Arts with specialization in the following areas:
- Development Studies
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Community Development
- Bachelor of Arts (Policing), BA (Police) (Criminology)
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) e.t.c
Also with collaboration with the Open University of Tanzania (OUT), the College on behalf of Egerton University offers various undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes namely:-
- Bachelor of Arts (BA Gen)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education (BA Ed)
- Bachelor of Arts in Tourism Studies (BA Tourism)
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology (BA Sociology)
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication
- M.A. in linguistic - MA (Ling)
- M.A. in Economics - MA (Econ)
- Master of Community Economic Development (CED)
- M.A. Social Work - MA (SW) (Evening Programme) e.t.c.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
In the UK, we have collaboration with the Open University of UK, which is the premier distance teaching and Open University world-wide that has not only done lead research in open and distance learning but also published highly reputable interactive distance learning materials.