a) To receive and investigate reports on alleged corruption.
b) To receive and ensure resolution of public complaints or injustices, maladministration, unethical conduct, breach on integrity, discourtesy misbehaviours, inefficiency or ineptitude.
1. OBJECTIVE OF THE CHARTER
The purpose of this Charter is to declare our commitment to provide highest quality service to our clients at all times in conformity with Egerton University Mandate, Vision, Mission and Core Values.
2. OUR CLIENTS
- All members of the University Community
- All Stakeholders
3. OUR SERVICES
- Corruption eradication
- Carrying out risk assessment in areas prone to corruption
- Training and sensitization of staff on corruption prevention and ethics
- Sensitization of suppliers on corruption prevention
- Receiving and reviewing reports of alleged corrupt activities and preparing reports
- Receiving, analyzing, preparing reports and submitting them to the Public Complaints Standing Committee
- Submitting quarterly reports to the University Council and the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission
The Corruption Prevention Office pledges to offer timely and efficient service and, in particular:
- To respect individual privacy and confidentiality.
- To treat all clients with respect and courtesy.
- To act with honesty and transparency.
- To deal with reports and complaints promptly.
- To answer phones within three ring.
- To respond to letters and enquiries within 10 days of receipt.
- To be open and accessible to all who need our services.
5. OBLIGATIONS OF CLIENTS
- Treat staff with respect and courtesy.
- Respond to requests for information in a timely manner.
- Provide all the information needed to address clientsâ€™ requests.
- Observe University Rules and Regulations.
- Point out your dissatisfaction with our service immediately.
- Feel free to give us comments and suggestions
6. RECEIVING AND HANDLING COMPLAINTS AND REPORTS OF CORRUPT ACTIVITIES
Clients are encouraged to be making genuine complaints and reporting any suspected corrupt activities on University services, processes and products in person, through suggestion and corruption reporting boxes, telephone and e-mail contacts provided below:
Mobile lines: 0702 200015; 0702 200016
Actions to be taken:
- The Corruption and Complaints Office shall analyze all reports of suspected corrupt activities and all complaints and make reports and recommendations to the University, to the Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission and to the Complaints Standing Committee.
- All reports and complaints will be treated with utmost confidentiality. However, complainants are encouraged to identify themselves to facilitate direct response where needed.
- We shall acknowledge and address genuine complaints within 15 working days.
7. REVIEW AND AMEMNDMENT OF THE CHARTER
In our commitment to continually improve our service delivery, this charter will be reviewed every three years.